I've never seen a horn like this on an Altec Duplex.
Vintage Altec Lansing 15" coaxial speakers - eBay (item 180482605377 end time Mar-24-10 18:32:59 PDT)
I've never seen a horn like this on an Altec Duplex.
Vintage Altec Lansing 15" coaxial speakers - eBay (item 180482605377 end time Mar-24-10 18:32:59 PDT)
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
615 series.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
these were their larger ceiling speakers, right?
I have seen the 12" versions pop up time to time, but not these......
ahh!! here they are, knew they looked familiar...
http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...%20Speaker.pdf
Spec wise they seem very similar to the 605B of the same era.....minus the extra terminals. How did the hf work then? and what was the point of having it built like a duplex then? I take it the 2 terminal had to do with connecting to the transformers? Maybe I am not conceptualizing this correctly in my head...
-chris
Those are odd. The rocket ship / blimp looking phase piece is cute. "Para-toner" they call it.
The funny horn was supposed to widen the coverage pattern because ceiling speakers need to offer a wider coverage pattern versus a studio monitor or living room loudspeaker.
Experience is Knowledge
I notice they didn't sell for $999
Yeah me too, I 'd love to hear a pair. But not for $1000.![]()
Bookmarks